Thursday, February 21, 2008

Book News

Good day today! I received, from Ohio State University Press, the uncorrected proofs of my book: one hundred seventy-nine pages of my own words. Is that all, though? The better part of a decade's work so easily contained? No matter. My favorite part is the copyright page. Jahna, Ric 1971- ... a living contemporary author. I have an ISBN, something also that looks suspiciously like a Library of Congress call number. No part of the text may be reproduced without expressed written permission. Further, the paper used "meets the minimum requirements of the American National Standard for Information Sciences." I was not aware of any such standard, but I find myself supportive of it, satisfied that some organized entity oversees these matters.

In other news, the social life even seems to be taking off. Today I had lunch with my supervisor. Chinese. He had shrimp in lobster sauce. Me: chicken and almonds.

No comments: