Saturday, July 19, 2008

Parker, AZ Indies




One of the things I like about Parker is that it has a lot of locally owned businesses. With only a handfull of the restaurant chains and no Wal-Mart within 40 miles, independents have a real fighting chance here. Joshua St. Mall is home to several, but the whole downtown area is full of them.
-
I recently spoke to one owner who has been operating here for 35 years. I had hoped to do an in-depth profile on the business, but this owner frowned and explained that "I have negative connotations associated with the word 'blog.'"
-
Humph!
-
How this person passed up the opportunity to be featured in such a premier and celebrated forum as Go Independent is truly beyond me.
-
Now, Tiffany's Bistro, which you can see in the second photo below, is one of our newer additions. They make killer sandwiches. Pay them a visit when you're in town.

No comments: