Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Transportation: Option 2 -- My Car

I realize that she's not much to look at, but this 1985 Nissan Sentra stationwagon still has some life in her. This car has only 85,000 miles on it. The air conditioner even works. This would probably limit our capacity to four (maybe five) at a time, with space in the back for "luggage." If we go with this option, you can bring one moderately-sized bag (measurement requirements forthcoming) and one personal carry-on, like a back pack, briefcase, etc.

Journeypersons, let me know your thoughts.

4 comments:

St said...

With all due respect to your car, I think the age is more of a concern than the miles. Hoses and gaskets and everything rubber tends to suffer in the Arizonan climate.

I think it's an option, but we should have a backup plan -- AAA at the very least.

I'm in, though. An old school roadtrip. Just as long as we make sure the safety stuff, tires and brakes, are in good shape.

Ric said...

I'm not married to the idea. Don't get too nervous. You seemed fine with the sidecar idea. Maybe I'll go back to that. We're just brainstorming here.

St said...

Well, I mean, the minute I take a drink of the acid-laced orange juice, I'm sure I won't be nervous anymore.

Ric said...

shhhh.